Thursday, September 6, 2007

January 19, 2007 - Friday
if God speaks (written Nov 22nd-06)
I wrote this in my livejournal and found it 2nite..and thought i'd share cuz well i thought it was good.

22nd-Nov-2006 02:45 pm
..
If God speaks through the wind as it blows the trees in a bowing dance, then I need Him to scratch the branches upon my window with a distinctive answer. Cut and dry, Black or White, no gray mediums nor in betweens. Something's gotta give and I feel things are about to loosen up with each passing day. Change marches into the horizon and if i squint my eyes I can make out some sort of objects moving closer. But my eyes are not yet ready to see the vision that awaits me out there in the distance. If God speaks in the stillness and solitude of my prayer chambers I need every part of my flesh to be silenced/muted/frozen. So that even a pin dropping on the carpet floor would sound decimals of volume and ring in my ears. A quiteness so quiet that even if He mouthed the words, I could still hear and feel His breath upon my ears, my Spirit, my face. If God speaks in the faces and crowded places that I encounter and pass by each day, then I need to throw away my natural ears and cling to my spiritual ears. So then I will not be walking in my ways, my thoughts, my understandings, but will be guided by the Spirit who is further guided by His ways, His thoughts, and His understandings. And when I see the face of the man or woman with hurting eyes, I will act on my spiritual impulse and not by what my flesh is telling me NOT to do.If God speaks through the beauty of creation that encompasses me then perhaps I need to breathe in the fresh air a little deeper, stop to notice the beautiful array of the skylight, and give God the praise for the works of His hands, the depth of His love. Then maybe just maybe I could see that He is speaking to me through a sunrise, speaking to me through a perfectly arranged grouping of trees, or singing to me as the sunshine radiates upon my face. If God speaks through His word then my passion to read His word and dive into His love letters should not be able to be contained. How can I be approved to take His word with me if I have no knowledge of His word? My heart should be thirsty to open up the book and lose myself inside. Maybe if I took the time to read His word I could see the promises He has for me. If I allow Him, He surely will reveal Himself to me. If God speaks through all these things, (and He does) then certainly I should have no trouble hearing Him speak. But then again perhaps the problem isn't God...it's the person staring back at me as I gaze in the mirror. Then softly He speaks.."there are things you must crucify in order to hear from Me".. Yes God. You're Right. Forgive me for wanting it my way and not Yours.

No comments: