Monday, September 3, 2007

Intimacy Awaits

November 12, 2006 - Sunday
are you Intimate???

While in the shower this morning I felt a press to steal away and spend time with God. Not just half heartedly either and not just lip service. I began praying and God reminded me of His heart. And how I've treated His heart, how I've handled it. As I stood there praying and pondering, my own heart started to ache with a hurt I couldn't find the words to describe.
It was as if my heart was breaking in the same way His was. Then the words rose up so clearly, just as they did last Wednesday: you're neglecting my heart beloved, they're neglecting my heart..the church suffers from neglectance. He was so intensely right (duh He's kind of God) that I wanted to drop to my knees and cry out. Intimacy..It always goes back to INTIMACY. My level of thinking and knoweldge was being challenged to step up and dig deeper as God dropped things into the pit of my spirit woman.

Intimacy reaches out to touch the heart and digs down into the chambers of the soul. Intimacy does not woo the eyes. It does not aim to wet the lips or produce electric touches. Intimacy presses inward to the heart, down into the soul. So if intimacy is so connected to the heart, that would mean if you were intimate with someone you were seeking to find what lies there in their hearts. For surface encounters are very casual and anyone can skim the shallow waters.
Going deeper involves risk taking, doing things that may make you feel uncomfortable. You may even find yourself naked and exposed, completely transparent before the most Holy of Holy Gods. But if we are to be intimate with the Father, we have to know His heart. And if we want to experience His heart, we are going to have to take risks, and yes you're going to be exposed.

That's the beauty of letting go and falling so deep in love that all gaurds are down and although you may be scared it doesn't matter, because TRUST has got your back.
Then I got to thinking, intimacy just doesn't stick with you as a packaged bonus gift the day you get saved. It's something you have to work for, fight for. First comes the beauty of unwrapping the experience that YES you can be intimate with the Lord. But then we as His children have to cultivate and maintain that intimacy. When man and woman marry, they don't gain a lifetime supply of intimacy that will always be there in abundance. No, they have to take the seed of intimacy that was planted within them and nurture it, water it, give it sunlight; the things necessary for growth.


The same goes with our relationship with the Lord. And so God posed the solution to this heart neglectance issue. "It's time to re-evalutate our intimate encounters with the Lord". What is your heart like when you sit down to chill out with God or love on Him? Could you imagine what it would be like for husband and wife to sit down together and be intimate yet one's mind and heart was somewhere else? Are you even making an effort to spend time with the Lover of your soul? If we aren't attending to it (our relationship) how can we ever be intimate with it? Have we lost the vision of love within our hearts? Shouldn't it be so etched upon our very souls that when we come before Him, all we want to do is love on Him, reach out and touch His heart.
I want to know the Father's heart. I don't want to seek His hands, and as much as I've wanted to seek His face, I want to go deeper. I want to seek HIS HEART. The time has come to quit playing love affair and go back to our first love. Stop dabbling with lust and let go, fall in love. Don't settle for butterflys and do not rely on feelings. Dig in, press forward..reach out. Intimacy Awaits......

No comments: